Monday, October 21, 2013

Introducing The Gratitude List

I think it's important to focus on the good things in life. We all struggle through things and can feel like there are things that are dragging you down. I've found that if I spend a lot of time focusing on the negative things then that's the only thing I see and feel.

A new feature I am bringing to this blog is called "The Gratitude List". I know a lot of other blogs do this and I know it's something I really love to read. My Gratitude List is going to focus on the things that have made me happy during the week. I'll chose a top 5 and share why these 5 things have made the list for the week.

Let's kick this off

1. A short break to the Gold Coast with my team from work - every year we are allocated a budget (if we hit particular targets) as a team getaway fund. This past financial year our store was very successful so we had some cash to splash and went for a 2 day trip to the Gold Coast. I think this trip came at the perfect time for our store. We are undergoing quite a few changes in the next month and it was a great chance for everyone to relax and get to know each other and basically have a fun break away from the store. I haven't been to the Gold Coast since I was 15 years old so it was great to experience it as an adult.
 Sunshine

2. The sunshine - our second day on our trip was spent very lazily going out for breakfast then coming back to our hotel and relaxing by the pool. I spent a nice chunk of the time soaking up as much sunshine as I could and I feel great for doing it. I think I said at the time "I feel like a lizard soaking up all this sun". I could feel the stress and worry melting away and it's the most relaxed I've been in a couple of weeks.

3. Panther Maxi Dresses arriving - I purchased a beautiful Panther Maxi Dress from Black Milk Clothing in their Halloween release and it arrived on Monday. It is all kinds of wonderful. I smile just thinking about it.

4. Paying off my place at the Blogcademy in November - I think this is pretty straight forward. After paying for my place it made it so much more real that this is happening in under 4 weeks!!!!!

5. The cast for Les Miserables in Melbourne was announced this week in the most amazing way. This medley that they performed made me cry and I'm so excited to purchase tickets to see this. I'm thinking I need to get tickets around my birthday in July next year (it opens in Melbourne in June).


It amazes me the level of talent there is in the world.

 - Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment