Sunday, October 27, 2013

An evening with Mrs Carter - 22 October 2013

IMG_1066

From the moment Beyoncé appears on stage you know it's going to be a special evening. She commands your attention and hold it for 2 hours of hip shaking, mind blowing, eyeball popping entertainment.

IMG_1079

I was lucky enough to go to my second show on this Mrs Carter World Tour. I managed to score tickets to her show in Toronto in July and this week I was lucky enough to have tickets to her first performance in Melbourne.

I haven't seen Beyonce since her Destiny's Child days. She has toured but I haven't attended. After listening to her latest album "4" on repeat for a solid 6 months (I find it REALLY hard to put on something else) I felt this year it was time to experience Beyoncé again. That is what she is - an experience.

IMG_1083

Her whole show is designed to make you feel - it's overwhelming and empowering and I know I walked away unable to put into words what I had just experienced. I'm still struggling. I think I'm going to let some of the photos I took on the night do the talking.

IMG_1086

IMG_1104

IMG_1111

IMG_1122

IMG_1136

There was so much anticipation in the lead up to seeing Beyoncé, I can't believe it's over and she's headed to other parts of Australia on her tour. I'm so happy I got to witness the marvellous performer that Beyoncé is.

For those interested here is her setlist from the performance (it's a doozy):

  • Run the World (Girls) 
  • End of Time 
  • You Are a Queen 
  • If I Were a Boy (With elements of "Bitter Sweet Symphony") 
  • Get Me Bodied 
  • Baby Boy 
  • Diva 
  • Naughty Girl 
  • Party 
  • Freakum Dress 
  • Why Don't You Love Me 
  • 1+1 
  • Irreplaceable 
  • Love on Top 
  • Survivor (Destiny’s Child cover) 
  • Countdown (interlude video)
  • Crazy in Love 
  • Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) 
  • Grown Woman 
  • I Was Here (spoken / interlude on video)
  • I Will Always Love You 
  • Halo 
  • Green Light / Suga Mama
These songs + her incredible dancing (and vocal abilities), dancers, all female band and her backup singers (The Mamas) = everything you could hope for in a Beyonce concert and more.

 - Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment