Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm in love with a French Silent Film star

The Artist


Last week I went and saw the highly acclaimed award winning silent film "The Artist". I was intruiged. I didn't read any reviews or interviews before going to see this movie because I didn't want to go into this with any pre-concieved ideas (I hadn't even watched the trailer until I looked it up on youtube)

I was shocked and amazed by what I watched transform in front of my eyes on screen. The story was so simple but beautiful, the characters loveable and expressive.

I wasn't sure I could sit through a film with no talking but after about 15 minutes I was transfixed and didn't want it to end. Jean Dujardin had me hooked in a way I haven't felt while watching a movie for a very long time. He was charming, delightful, heartbreaking and somehow extremely cheeky.

I cannot recommend this movie highly enough - if you're a fan of films you HAVE to go see it. It's a wonderful homage to cinema before all the talking came along.

If the trailer doesn't sway you into going, just watch this skit that he cameoed in on SNL a couple of nights ago. I can guarantee you that he dances like this in the movie - actually he dances about a million times better than this in the movie but this will give you a taste of what he's capable of.


*SWOON*
 - Brooke

1 comment: