Friday, August 05, 2011

Nervous photo taking

IMG_5782
On Tuesday night I headed into Melbourne to a nice little venue called Billboards to photograph Kele Okereke (aka the lead singer of Bloc Party) (!!!!!). I was feeling really great and excited about it until about 2 minutes before he walked onstage - I started to get REALLY nervous. I was about to photograph KELE FROM BLOC PARTY - Bloc Party, the band who's music has been a massive part of my life for so long.

I've photographed a whole bunch of bands I love before and never made myself nervous, not like this. There is something about being in the presence of Kele that I found really daunting. I've seen him live before quite a few times so I couldn't even use the "I've never seem him before and I'm so excited/nervous". 

When he walked onstage I had to stop my hands from shaking and just get myself into that "zone". He was a really easy person to photograph live - he's expressive, impressive, beautiful and mesmerising. 

IMG_5873
*See what I mean about BEAUTIFUL*
IMG_5947

I'll link to the rest of the photos when the gallery becomes live on thedwarf.com.au but until then I just needed to share these couple of photos from the night. I'm pretty proud of how the gallery turned out.

**** EDIT ***** The gallery is up on thedwarf.com.au CLICK HERE to check out the other photos

After the gig as I was going to pay for my car parking I took a massive tumble down a stair (only 1) and I now have a HUGE bruise on my leg (I'll get proper pics and share soon - it's gross), 2 bruised knees and a sore ankle. I haven't fallen that badly for SO long and when it happened I was so mad/embarrassed that I wanted to crawl into a hole. 

Tomorrow night I'm off to the Kaiser Chiefs sideshow. I'm extremely excited about this. I'll be back with my report on Splendour in the Grass (didn't I mention that I went to this amazing music festival last weekend?) and the couple of other shows I've been to this week. All in all it's been a busy, fun time.

Happy, tired smiles
 - Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment