Wednesday, April 06, 2011

R.R.R.I.P *sad face*

rra2

It's not a fun day when you wake up and find out that one of your absolute favourite Australian bands is calling it quits after 8 years of love. That is what it felt like this morning when I received a text message from one of my friends telling me to keep a couple of dates free for some farewell Red Riders gigs. 

I did some searching and found the following statement on their website:

Late last night the guys announced the official end of Red Riders. Here is what they had to say...
Hey Guys,
This is kinda hard to say, but anyway here goes: after eight immensely fun years of playing together as Red Riders it seems like now's the right time to bow out. We're all still the closest of friends, but just feel like the entity that is Red Riders has run its course, and rather than grind something that's special to us into the ground, we'd like to call it quits while we can still stand proudly behind everything that we've made together. 
We wanna thank everyone who's ever bought a record of ours, come to one our shows, shared our music with someone, written about us, put our music on the airwaves... Basically, to anyone who's ever given a damn, thank you! It's been mad sharing a part of our lives with way more people than we had any right to expect to. We're gonna keep making music in other guises so keep a ear out, and if you see us at the pub, or lurking up the back of a show someplace, come say hi. We can grab a beer.
Love,
RR.
P.S We're gonna play a couple of special farewell shows in Sydney and Melbourne in June, but otherwise the upcoming shows supporting Children Collide will be our last. Hope to see you there!
rr3
After 8 years, 2 EP's, 2 albums and lots and lots of live gigs it's going to be sad to say goodbye to a band who have been a favourite for such a long time. It's another band who I've got very fun memories of being young and stupid and having such a great time at their gigs. 
I'll miss dancing and yelling out "I THINK YOU'RE BLIND" and jumping around while spelling out ASPIRIN. I've met some AMAZING people through their music and I'm sure we'll celebrate at these few shows we have left. 
Now nothing I do ever seems to go my way,
Everything I do is ordinary.

Peace out lovelies
 - Brooke

P.S I know I've had a few music posts this week but it's been one of those crazy weeks. Music is my escape so it's my way to deal with what is happening on a "day to day" basis. 

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this band, but I just listened to that entire video and loved that song. Man. How sad that they broke up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know. They are truly a beautiful band and I will celebrate at their last few shows before they call it a day.

    ReplyDelete