Monday, March 21, 2011

Music Mondays: Mark Ronson & The BUSINESS International

Oh I've been busy - well kind of not really. I've just been tired. It's been a while between posts because I've been trying to come to terms with being a "boss" (cue The Lonely Islands "I'm The Boss" song) and living. Which cannot be seen as a bad thing IMO.

I'm back - and with a post I promised before I disappeared from the blogosphere.

IMG_5359

Mark Ronson brought his band the Business International to Melbourne as a part of the Future Music Festival. We luckily got a side show and snapped up tickets straight away. As I have mentioned before I was supposed to get a photo pass but unfortunately it didn't come through.


It was one spectacular show - it's always hard to know exactly what kind of show an artist who fills their album with guests is going to bring. Surely he's not able to bring Lily Allen and all those crazy awesome members with him - and he didn't. Instead he managed to group together a collection of artists who contributed to the album but were able to fill in for the "bigger" missing artists. 

IMG_5385

IMG_5384

We were treated with the special guests Spank Rock, MNDR, Rose Elinor Dougall, Alex Greenwald (lead singer from Phantom Planet) and Andrew Wyatt (Miike Snow). It was a group effort with Ronson conducting all the pieces from his platform. 

The energy and craziness of the night is hard to describe. I've never been to a show where the main artist is able to take a back seat but still have such a huge presence in the room and on the stage. Not only were we treated to a mixture of songs from his new record but they managed to mix in a few songs from "Versions" as well as an unexpected but hugely appreciated version of Phantom Planets "California" (the theme song from The OC).

This was a super fun gig to experience and I'm so happy I was there and able to dance around with friends. 

What else have I been up to? Well there was a day at the Melbourne Zoo, some movie and shopping days also as well as work. Oh dear lots of work.

On Sunday I'm headed off to Bali for a work conference - it'll be 2 nights of craziness and I'm sure I'll have a lot to write about. 

Peace Out Lovelies,
x x x
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment