Friday, January 14, 2011

Sideshow madness

Last week was such a busy week for me. Not only was it my first week as the official store manager at my travel agency (hello promotion!) but we had a bunch of Falls Festival sideshows to experience. Summer festival time is always my favorite time of the year - there are so many amazing bands performing in our city. Not only did I head out to see Lightspeed Champion but I managed to see 3 other favorite bands.

IMG_4789

Hot Hot Heat played at the Corner Hotel in Richmond on Monday the 3rd. I always have so much fun at a Hot Hot Heat show. Lead singer Steve has the best Afro in the biz and is the best front man to have staring contests with.

Their music reminds me of our time in London. We we living in London when their 3rd album was released and as we had limited access to new music it was on high rotation in our room. Their music is fun and has a great punch to it.


IMG_4824

IMG_4843

INTERPOL INTERPOL INTERPOL!!! Interpol played at the Palace Theatre in Melbourne on Friday the 7th. As I mentioned previously I have so much love for this band. They are captivating, brooding, enthralling and I simply can't get enough. Friday night was no exception.

Not only did we get a fine collection of older songs but they also played a gripping version of The New & ended the night with one of my favorite encore song selections ever (NYC, PDA & Not Even Jail). Perfection!

**** OMG HOW YOUNG DOES MR BANKS LOOK  (/end fangirl moment - but srsly *swoon*)****

IMG_4888

Saturday the 8th we returned to the Corner Hotel for a super fun dance party with The Rapture. It was a stinking hot day and though it had cooled down by the evening it was a sweaty dancing evening finished off with a stage invasion.


All in all a very fun week. It's not over yet music wise. This month I'm going to see CSS at the Corner Hotel and then next month it's 3 Andrew McMahon shows across the country (weather permitting).

I re-dyed my hair last night and went and had a trim today. I'm currently sitting on my futon watching Harry Potter #3 (I'm having my own little marathon) and all I can smell is my dog. He has that horrible wet dog smell because we've had some mental weather here this week. I'm not going to complain about it anymore though because there are people out there dealing with a much more temperamental mother nature than we are ATM.

Gotta go enjoy the rest of this movie & paint my nails.

Glitter sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. Looks like AWESOME times and like you have the best job in the world. My brother loves Interpol. I like them alright but HATE singing PDA on Rock Band ha ha ha ha! :)

    I need to have a Harry Potter Marathon! Sounds relaxing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was fun times :)
    I couldn't imagine trying to sing PDA (or any Interpol song) on Rock Band. It'd be WAY too hard!

    ReplyDelete