Monday, January 24, 2011

Music Mondays: CSS

CSS

Today I'm going back to what I planned to share last Monday (before I was distracted) - CSS.

CSS are a band originating from Sao Paulo Brazil and are known for their dance-rock-indie-pop-sexy music (I think that's an apt description). After signing to SupPop Records the band released an English version of their very popular debut album CSS.

It was late 2006 that I was introduced to this glorious band. They had just performed an intimate show at Revolver Nightclub in Melbourne and I was reading all about it (but not actually going to the gig) online through friends of friends of friends. I was working at a record store at the time and decided to give their album a listen while I was pricing stock - it was instant addiction.

Their music is catchy, fun, cheeky, energetic, gleeful and when listening to their music I feel like I'm at the coolest party in the world (even if I'm in my bathroom by myself getting ready to start the day). I've had the pleasure of seeing them at big music festivals (Glastonbury), smaller venues and big venues. Every time it's a bright explosion of fun.

CSS

This Saturday night I get to see them at The Corner Hotel in Richmond and I am so excited I could squeel. It's been almost 3 years since I last saw them at the last V Festival in Melbourne and the closer it gets to this show the more I realise I've missed going to a seriously fun gig.
I love CSS and so should YOU!



WEBSITE: HERE
TWITTER: HERE
FACEBOOK: HERE
MYSPACE: HERE

Peace Out Lovelies!
 - Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment