Sunday, April 25, 2010

ANZAC DAY

While anyone outside of Australia reading my blog are probably unaware of the importance of this day to Australians. It's a day we set aside to celebrate and remember those Aussie soldiers who helped define our nation.

I was lucky enough to visit Anzac Cove in Turkey back in '07 and while it's somewhere I've always wanted to go to I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed with emotion on my visit.

IMG_7804.JPG_effected

IMG_7785.JPG_effected

P7291151.JPG_effected

IMG_7775.JPG_effected.png_effected

It was 3 years ago that I was here but these images still stir up that feeling of loss and pride I felt. I'm not going to give a history lesson because I'm sure you'd be able to type ANZAC into google and get a much better explination than what I ever could attempt.

I just want to say thank you to our brave soldiers who have defended our lovely country and helped create our history by being brave and making us all very proud to call ourself Australia.

Peace, love & glitter sparks
x x x
Brooke

P.S I'm not back yet - I just scheduled this post for while I am away. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment