Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cobra Adventures

So I mentioned in my last post that I was on an adventure. It spaned 3 cities over 4 days and was a fun filled time.

I think I've mentioned before my love for the band Cobra Starship - well it still exists and they were the reason for this adventure.

Back in September they announced that they were playing their first headline tour of Australia. At the time me and my sister Crystal had just seen them in LA at the Troubadour and loved every minute of it (that show took us into the "3 continent club" - i.e. having seen them on 3 continents). We (well I) decided that this tour was one that I wanted to go to as many shows as possible so we opted to go to Sydney and Brisbane and of course Melbourne (this one required little travel compared to the rest).

The following pictures are a snapshot of our adventure.

SYDNEY

Sydney

Sydney was a bit of a shock. We didn't expect the venue to be so big and for there to be so many young kids in the crowd. Being from Melbourne we are used to a show being 18+ or restricted all ages (where the younger kids are usually in the seats). There were a lot of squealing kids but we managed to jump around and have fun.

BRISBANE

iPhone

BJ & CJ

Gabe BNE

Gabe & Ry Ry

Since it was St Pats day we decided to wander around the Fortitude Valley area and find something to eat and drink. We struggled to figure out what beer was comparable to a draught in QLD and soon settled on drinking Coronas and eating pizza before the show. Again the venue was packed with younger kids as we danced and sang and had a blast.

MELBOURNE

BJ & CJ

Group

VickyT

Melb

By the time Friday rolled around we were ready to be in a smaller venue with this band. After lining up for over an hour (after doors had opened) to get into the Hi Fi Bar we weaslled our way (master crowd weaver) towards the front of the stage. I think to me this was the best show of the week. The crowd may not have reacted as insanely as the other cities but the reactions felt more genuine. The band were on fire again with even more cheeky banter than any other night. An impromptu version of "Hollaback Boy" was the icing on the cake.

It's plain to see that Cobra Starship are enjoying the success that this year has brought them. Each show was entertaining, energetic and a lot of fun. I'm happy to have spent the week travelling around Australia to see them.

They're playing in Perth tonight but I'm staying home - one day I'll do the Perth journey but for this tour 3 seemed to be the magic number.

I had other adventures the week before (where I held a crocodile) - I'll update on that later this week.

Glitter Sparks & Happyness
x x x
Brooke

1 comment:

  1. love your work...
    and your hair is looking fabulous I might add!

    ReplyDelete