Sunday, June 07, 2009

I am alive still... I promise

The Killers @ V Festival Melbourne - by ME!


I am still alive.

I've been busy in my "real world" life and this blog has taken a back seat.

I apologise. Hey I never said I was very good with commitment. Just be happy I'm back :)

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote. I've been on adventures, met musical heroes (Andrew McMahon I heart you), seen beautiful people get married (x 3 couples), seen UNBELIEVABLE live bands (Razorlight/Kaiser Chiefs/The Killers/Coldplay/Jack's Mannequin/The Grates/Kings of Leon/RED RIDERS - here's looking at you), seen hilarious comedians (Russel Brand & Dylan Moran), planned my amazing USA holiday, got PROMOTED at my job, met some fun new people, witnessed crazy cuteness courtesy of my gorgeous nieces - to put it simply I've been living and busy and happy.

Right now I'm listening to the new Mandy Moore album and it's so light and happy and I'm freezing but I realise that life is good. I have spent the day material shopping with my Mum in hopes to re-create this dress I saw on forever21.com for our upcoming awards ball (for work). I found all the material I need for it, now Mum needs to get sewing.

Here's the planned outfit, lets hope we can pull it off (I think we've got a good chance):


Ball Plans


We're going out for dinner tonight and then I'm going to see The Hangover with my sister. Hopefully it's a good funny movie - from what I've been readings it's getting great reviews and people seem to love it on twitter.

I can hardly believe it's June already. 1/2 the year has passed by in what feels like the blink of an eye. I've achieved a lot of things. I've also failed at some things. The rest of the year holds so much possibility I can hardly wait!

The most exciting thing to come is that I am headed back to the USA with my sister. We're travelling around for about 4 weeks. It's a lot exciting! I am spending my birthday in New York City and then travelling south to Disneyworld before flying across to San Francisco to shop & relax for a few days before seeing Jack's Mannequin (eep!). We will then meet up with some beautiful camp friends (STORM!) and hopefully fit in a short trip to Las Vegas. We fly over to Chicago for a long weekend of Lollapalooza festival madness (OMFG! Perfect!). Then we fly back to San Francisco and meet up with that lovely lady (STORM) who will *fingers crossed* be able to organise a reunion of sorts before we drive down the coast and fly back home out of Los Angeles.

It's set to be a crazy, busy, exhausting, amazing, beautiful, exciting, trip! I cannot wait to spend some money in shops that I love without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money on postage. I am going to be able to try things on before buying them and I am going to come home with a whole new wardrobe!

Oh and I have something to look forward to AFTER we come home. About a week after we return we are going to see The Academy Is... AGAIN! Those fabulous boys have decided to return to our shores and they timed it perfectly! It'll be the smallest venue we've seen them at which is amazing in itself. They are the support band again but I think this time they'll get a longer set than when they toured with Panic! at the Disco.

We have exciting times ahead that's for sure. Hopefully I'll be able to update on at least a weekly basis. I am entering a new phase of my life - more responsibility, more happy times, more life choices - I'm eager to see where this is going to take me and eager to write about it. I feel this is a time I never want to forget!

Love & sparkles
x x x
Brooke

Song for the moment = Cobra Starship - Good Girls Go Bad

P.S I am going to see Lily Allen on Friday night - I have had these tickets for AGES so it's a bit exciting! I'm going to be keeping myself well busy until this trip, I'm trying to distract myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment