Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2009 Resolutions

* Photo at Abbey Road - by me*

Think about what you’d like to achieve in 2009. Then phrase it in the present tense!

For example, I am living in New York, or I am in an incredible relationship with someone who inspires me, or I can now do a standing back-flip!

Seems simple right? This was posted as a competition on iCiNG and I wanted to enter but I couldn't get the words out. It was like writing this was writing my own personal script for my life and if I did that then it would be like telling someone a wish - it won't come true.

Then I had another think about it and I realised I was being silly. This is too late to enter the competition but I thought the idea behind this was so good I couldn't NOT do it, so here we go...

"I am sitting in my room in my own place. I've just moved out of home properly for the first time and I'm so close to the city that all it takes is a tram ride and I'm out! I've spent the year saving and it's all paid off for the best - I'm debt free!

I'm a kick-arse travel agent who moonlights as a make-up artist (after completing a short course to learn the techniques).

I've travelled back to America and spent some fabulous quality time with some of my most favourite people in the world. I've also been interstate on numerous occasions to experience some of the greatest gigs of my lifetime. I'm planning my African Adventure for '10 and am counting down the days before I'm face to face with some beautiful mountain gorillas.

I'm happy in my job and my life - my friends and family are happy and healthy and make me smile. I am taking more photos and constantly finding new things to inspire and motivate myself. I'm not afraid to chase the things I love or want anymore.

Life is grand :)"


Thank you Gala Darling. This took me a few tries to complete but I got there. I know what I want out of 2009 now I have to do the hard yards to get there.

Try it for yourself. Tell me you new years resolution - put it out there so that this time next year you can look back and see what you've achieved and if any of your goals have changed.

Love & sparkles
x x x
Brooke

Song of the moment = The Kooks - Seaside

No comments:

Post a Comment