Friday, November 21, 2008

Sparks of Happyness - week 2

* Bloc Party = sqee *

It's been a hectic week for me this week. Some of the week was frustrating but overall it was pretty amazing.

V Festival announcement - The Killers, Snow Patrol & Kaiser Chiefs in one day. I didn't think Australian festivals did that anymore! V Festival is in April but I already cannot wait. This is sure to be the festival of the summer. I hope Branden Flowers wears something shiny.

My sister's wedding - The family got on a plane (mum & dad drove) and headed to Sydney last weekend for my sister's wedding. I got to hang out with our little niece (who has gotten so big and cheeky), take beautiful photos, eat delicious breakfasts, drive a big Tarago rental car all weekend (I was like a soccer mum driving everyone around) and basically have a fun time with the family.

Buying tickets to make my summer fun - This week I splashed out and bought tickets to *deep breath* the Swell Season (Glen Mansard & Marketa Irglova from the movie Once) at the Palais in January, Kings of Leon at Rod Laver Arena in March, Soundwave festival in Adelaide (with flights) in February & V Festival in March. I also bought tickets to see the movies Australia, Twilight & High School Musical 3. My credit card took a beating but I think come summer time my need for live music is going to be satisfied!

Bloc Party concerts - I saw Bloc Party last night (for the 1st time in Australia, 4th time all up) and they are a fun, beautiful, energetic band. I think Kele has been getting dance lessons from Yannis (from the Foals), he was tearing it up onstage last night like I've never seen him do before. Me & my sister went together and started near the front until we were crushed beyond enjoyment so we headed out of the squishy sweaty boy area and danced at the side. I'm going again tonight and I hope that they play Pioneers.

My iPhone - Being away from a computer for 4 days while in Sydney would normally seem like such a strange and horrible thing, it cuts you off from your online world and that can seem frustrating. This is why I love my iPhone - it got a work out over the weekend (once I finally got reception on the thing - it felt like an IT Crowd moment "have you tried switching it off and on again"). I've said it once, I'll keep saying it - I LOVE APPLE PRODUCTS!

Honourable mentions - coming home and surprising Grandparents with visits to new granddaughters (who they hadn't met yet), coming home and being greeted by other cute nieces who you haven't seen in almost 2 weeks, taking the Grandparents to see Sydney Harbour Bridge & the Opera House, driving rental cars (I LOVE IT), making hot dogs at home and them tasting delicious (complete with American style mustard), finding new tv shows to love (how has it taken me so long to catch on to 30 Rock), Lime Crime Makeup (still), reconnecting with friends, dancing like a crazy person :)

Today I am relaxing, I have another day off work - I am going to spend my time watching Mamma Mia on dvd, going to the post office, cashing my tax return (yay) and then I'm getting ready for more Bloc Party fun tonight.

Love & sparkles

x x x

Brooke

Song of the moment = Bloc Party -Mercury

No comments:

Post a Comment